Saturday, February 7, 2015

Dear Granny


Dear Granny

It has already been more than one and half decade after you left this world which has been dubbed as the world of sorrows, to achieve the world of higher dignity and bliss. On the day you were fighting between life and death, I was standing in front of you indifference and calm. I had just entered my teenage then. At that time my age was too young to realize the pain of the struggle between life and death. When you were fighting for life, few questions which I had thought of asking you were hovering in my mind. The most important of them was who I should be in life.

Initially I could not ask those questions to you because I thought they were just silly questions to ask to the person who was fighting the last battle of her life. Before few days you died, I had collected the courage to ask you those questions but your speech had already stopped and you had already lost the sense to answer my questions. Since then I have never asked the questions to anyone but kept asking myself.

 Granny! You know my questions were questions of an innocent young guy who was setting the plan of his life. Also you know by that time I was already mature to understand the few intricacies of the world I was living. Already I had listened to the stories you had narrated about the hardship of life that you and people of your generation faced. I know you had experienced the challenges not less of freedom fighter on their own foot. So I had a reason to ask you those questions before you die.

Despite the formal education you were a great social scientist, the best educator, a visionary, a leader and of course a care taker of our family. I know you had fought more than hundred battles of your personal life, won most of them and failed few. Today where we stand  on the clear foundation you had laid for us……….(to be continued.)

No comments:

Post a Comment